Trajet 2.0 Coolant Leak

I have noticed my coolant level dropping and needing topping up often. I have read there may be a coolant drain plug thats coming loose. But cant find it. Does anyone know where on the 2.0 Petrol the coolant drain is?? Or another possible sources of a leak.

Reply to
TheDragon

Have a pressure test performed on your car's system.

Reply to
PMP4Hire

You are not just overfilling the reservoir tank on it are you?. If overfilled that can just overflow when engine heats up.

Reply to
John

I have found the leak. I removed the radiator grill and rad supports. Heated the engine up real hot by disengaging the fans and running the engine at 3k revs. Once the temperature gauge reached 3/4 way up (Fans kick in 1/2 way up), i reduced the revs and left ticking over. The radiator has a 1" hairline crack in the top plastic, hardy visible under the grime. When cleaned, the crack spurted coolant a good 2 feet in the air under the pressure. Sorted. To fix it i cooled the engine, with a soldering iron, melted the plastic to seal the crack, anc covered in Epoxy. All seems fine now. Will report back in a few days if no more coolant is lost during driving.

Reply to
TheDragon