ugly clicking noise UPDATE (its dead)

A few weeks ago I posted about my Santa Fe making an ugly noise.
They replaced the timing belt tensioner... picked it up, drove it 4 miles (ran noticeably better), got out - heard the same rattle...
Went back to dealer. They go over it, eventually giving up - telling me to return when the Hyundai corporate rep comes through in a couple weeks. I find this an acceptable (the car ran great otherwise) solution... I drive home...
That was about a week ago. Today I'm heading through the Davy Crockett National Forest, about as far as you could possibly get from a cellular tower, and experience sudden total power loss and an extreme vibration/noise.
I find a nice place on the side of the road to park, luckily at the top of a hill...
Eeeek...
It has 86,685 showing on the odometer. mmm, warranty...
Shut it down (its barely running anyways).. give it a few minutes, check under the hood, check to see if theres a monstrous hole in the oil pan (thats what I expected, judging from the noise), check the oil (smells slightly gassy), check the trans fluid...
Restart - it cranks slower than usual, dimming the lights harder, and barely catches with much vibration, then (with a lot of commotion) it stumbles and dies. Yep, she's *dead*. :(
Roadside assistance is very helpful... None of the local wrecker services bothered to answer the phone (its Friday @ 8:45pm, what do you expect?), they call around and dispatch a wrecker from Lufkin (45 miles away)...
After 30 minutes or so of talking to roadside assistance (no local wrecker 'services' answering) and about 45-50 minutes for the wrecker to show up, I'm on my way home.
Tomorrow (or maybe Monday, not sure yet) I'll find out what the next step is - I'm expecting a loaner car, and hoping for complete engine replacement...
ttyl, JS
I wish you the best in dealings with Hyundai. Seamus J. Wilson

why do you say that in my dealings with them they have gone over backwards to please me..
Pete..

I send my apology for my earlier kind wishes, very insensitive! Should I now say I hope they don't honor the warranty and rip you off good! Seamus J. Wilson

me
check
pan
sligo wrote:

You should have known that no good wish or personal opinion can be accepted without a sprinkle of malice.