Warranty manifold replacement

Ok this is related to my previous post about power loss , when I had the work done they also replaced the exhaust manifold for cracks under recall . When looking up prices for the catalytic converter I see that the convertoer and manifold are sold as one piece , so now I'm wondering if they just reused the old converter and welded to the new manifold ? or is it standard policy to to replace the complete assembly ??

Reply to
Mad E Moe

That's probably a better question to ask the dealer who did the work. Have you looked underneath to see if there are any signs of a cut and weld, or if it looks to be completely new?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

On many vehicles, the manifold and converter are one assembly. If this is the case for your car, you received a new assembly. There?s no way the dealer would have welded a new manifold on an old converter.

"Mad E Moe" wrote: > Ok this is related to my previous post about power loss , when > I had > the work done they also replaced the exhaust manifold for > cracks under > recall . When looking up prices for the catalytic converter I > see that > the convertoer and manifold are sold as one piece , so now I'm > wondering if they just reused the old converter and welded to > the new > manifold ? or is it standard policy to to replace the complete > assembly ??

Reply to
Hyundaitech

Your right HyundaiTech , it is a new assembly . I also found out there are 2 catalytic convertors and its the second one thats plug , I'm getting it fixed tomorrow .

Reply to
Mad E Moe