Whats the fastest youve been in your Hyundai ???

While im not advocating wreckless driving, I thought it would interesting to hear your experiences ; if you choose to answer, please state :

  1. Which Hyundai car/suv you own.
  2. The fastest you got it up to temporarily .
  3. How stable was it in your opinion.

I have a 2002 SantaFe , temporarily reached 105 mph then backed down , and it felt quite stable with not as much wind noise as i had expected.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

I don't usually drive very fast, however I have an '07 Hyundai Elantra that I've had up to an indicated 90 mph. It felt relatively at ease at that speed although I've noticed just a tad bit of oversteer at times over about

60 or so.

A.

Reply to
Aeschylus

07 Sonata Limited with 17" wheels 110 Very stable. I was amazed at how solid it was. If it was legal to drive at that speed, I'd have maintained it or gone higher with confidence.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have had my 2006 Santa Fe up to 100 mph, not bad handling is a bit soft, My Elantra I had wide open at 110 mph, and it handled great, drove it for extended periods just under the mph clip

Reply to
Finn

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) wrote in news:13743- snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3233.bay.webtv.net:

  1. 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS V6
  2. A GPS verified 135 MPH (indicated was about 138 on the speedo)
  3. Extremely stable for a street vehicle. It seems that at about 100 MPH or so this car really hunkers down to the road, although I can't really explain why. The brakes are extremely good until about 120 MPH, which I believe is the limit of safe use. At they work, but just barely.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

"Eric G." wrote in news:Xns994D77917DB6AXz124HiiUdfEEE6@140.99.99.130:

That should have been "above that speed they work, but just barely.".

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

  1. 2005 Coupe
  2. 110mph a few times (traffic permitting)
  3. Nice and stable. Some wind noise. Brakes work well.
Reply to
Rab

Just don't tap them if you are on cruise control at that speed :)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I used to own a Mitsubish Precis, the equivalent of the Hyundai car that Rodney King was busted for driving at excessive speed in L.A., his beating by the cops was videotaped and resulted in riots.

Anyway the Precis was a dog, poor acceleration and a cop pulled me over for going at 80, actually we were doing a sedate 65, but fast car had passed us and I think this was caught on the radar.

After a little lecture and contrition we were allowed on our way.

My 2001 Elantra holds the road at 85 with no problem.

Reply to
irwell

02 Sonata, 130MPH.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

'99 Elantra 5spd at just over 100 mph developed a little shimmy that backed me down. Engine sounded a little unhappy. It goes all day at

80/85 without a whimper though.

L.

Reply to
Leonardo

Doh, one more time.

  1. 02 Sonata GLS.
  2. 130 (110 with the OEMs)
  3. Very stable but had performance tires not OEM.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:bfBbi.5093$hp5.804@trndny05:

LO F'IN L

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

2005 Elantra

120 mph very stable, no float, rock solid. I caught hell about posting this info some months ago, but on a trip from Dallas to Ohio I followed a guy for over 300 miles. It was in the middle of the week about 3:00 am and not another vehicle in sight going through Arkansas. Slowest we went was 90 mph and most of the time it was about 110 mph. Got it up to 120 now and then when the guy in front got to fare ahead.
Reply to
Robert

Robert wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You lunatic :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Have a friend with a 1999 Viper that went 140 mph . No thanks .

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) wrote in news:23632- snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3238.bay.webtv.net:

What was that third gear???

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Have a friend with a 1999 Viper that went 140 mph . No thanks .

'What was that third gear??? Eric'

REPLY: He says he sometimes comes out of 2nd gear at 90 mph ... so he might have still been in 3rd at 140 but it would have been close to redline. Ive been trying to get him to race me on this fairly deserted

4 lane Highway from a stop ; not with my SantaFe (ha...) , but with my built up 1970 Corvette big block , 540 h.p. 4 speed, 370 rearend . I know id take him up to about 90 mph.
Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa
2003 Elantra 110 MPH stable 2006 sonata V6 120 MPH stable but I did get a ticket last year in my elantra for doing 87 in a 65!! and a gal in a Z24 passed me at 92 and she got stopped too!! Can't imagine what would have cost me in the Sonata...
Reply to
Deck
  1. 2006 Sonata
  2. 100