Warranty Question

If a late model low mileage Hyundai is offered for sale and has a "salvaged" title is the factory warranty still valid on the car?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

That may be one for the lawyers.

One reason a car is sold as "salvage" is because the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the car once it is repaired. In an accident, does the engine get damaged? Transmission? I'd expect the wheel alignment would not be covered.

I'd guess no, but that is just a guess, not based on any fact. The manufacturer can always claim that it was damaged in a crash so warranty is no longer valid. Sort of like an apple that had hte work cut out. The rest is still edible, but . . . . .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Warranty is no longer in force.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Jeremy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

HT beat me to it, but NO the warranty is not valid for a salvaged title. Hyundai would have no way to verify why the title was salvaged.

Incidentally, if you are considering a car with a title salvaged due to water damage, my personal advice would be to forget it. When Hurricane Floyd flooded my area there were tons of these cars on the market. I know

4 people who thought they were getting the deal of the century and later regretted it BIG TIME.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

What you're looking at is quite likely to be a "Katrina car" which will cause you nothing but grief.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom