Would you buy again ?

Ditto that Brian!

Reply to
Steve R.

I'd have to agree with you on that one. The 3 Honda's I've had were manuals and they all had a really sweet clutch.

We're an all automatic family now, though. Arthritis in my clutch foot.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I too have 07 Sonata Limited and LOVE it. I love everything about it - style, comfort, ride, style, and most important maintenance (of which there has been none).

The one thing I don't like is the gas mileage. I only get 16 in the city (V6) and I was really hoping for 20 at least.

Kevin

Reply to
Souza in San Francisco

only if they bring back the Elantra 5 dr

;-)

Reply to
nothermark

WITHOUT hesitation . We operate a large number of vehicles and this years NF Sonata FOUR!!! 2.4 motor Has been more than fantastic

80% is over dirt roads

A few Honda and BMW folk have also made the switch and On a Scale of 10 give it a FULL 10 And we are covering 6000 Km a week Just a truly fantastic car

Considering I wanted the Caprice or BMW This product is one of the most pleasant surprises of vehicles ever Can send photos of the conditions it operates in

NO dust leeks NO rattles NO squeks No service or tune issues OUTstanding fuel economy av 7.9 litres per 100 K's at an average speed of 85-90km per hour Thing is as tough as guts enjoy if/when you get one

Reply to
Pit's

Reply to message from "razz" (Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:47:06) about "Re: Would you buy again ?":

r> And you call CR unbiased? One of the most biased medias I know of.

I agree with you. For years I would not subscribe to CR because of this perception and also the fact that their reviews are not really intended for 'car people'. I am now a subscriber but for products other than cars. I take their reviews with a grain of salt.

The point I was making was, despite the presence of many knowledgeable people here, there are also those who are here for the purpose of peddling mis-information about Hyundais.

I merely mentioned CR because, perceived bias aside, it would probably have a legitimately balanced viewpoint.

Regards Wayne Moses Thu, 30 Aug 2007 07:27:53 -0500

Wayne Moses

coming up to 400,000km on mine, I would if my Elantra quits (don't know when)

Reply to
GP

I currently own three Hyundais. Here is my answer. Yes, No, Yes. In that order.

Reply to
jtees4

'Would you buy again ? '

REPLY: Yes. Im on my second Hyundai and ive bought my folks two as well. The reliability has more than surpassed my expectations with

45,000 miles on my current 2002 SantaFe , and fuel economy has actually increased since replacing the spark plugs with Bosch Plus 4 plugs along with performance type Ignition Wires fairly recently. I like the styling, comfort, sound system, soft ride, and outstanding warranty. Hyundai has earned my loyalty and respect. Its amazing how this Company has gone from making crap back in the 1980's to enjoying a good American and worldwide market share.
Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

I want to win the lottery but, alas, it isn't in the cards. you get what you get!

-- Message posted using

information at

Deck

Reply to message from jtees4 (Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:40:

14) about "Re: Would you buy aga >> Do you guys recommend buying a Hyundai ?

j> I currently own three Hyundais. Here is my answer. Yes, No, Yes. In j> that order.

You sound confused ... ;-)

Regards Wayne Moses Wed, 05 Sep 2007 22:45:24 -0500

Wayne Moses

Reply to message from snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) (Wed,

05 Sep 2007 18:13:05) about "Re: Would you buy again ?":

D> SantaFe , and fuel economy has actually increased since replacing the D> spark plugs with Bosch Plus 4 plugs along with performance type D> Ignition Wires fairly recently.

Can you quantify this increase? What wires did you get and was your radio reception affected?

When I had my Elantra GT and put Plus 4s in it with stock wires I saw no change in fuel economy.

Regards Wayne Moses Wed, 05 Sep 2007 22:47:13 -0500

Wayne Moses

'and fuel economy has actually increased since replacing the D> spark plugs with Bosch Plus 4 plugs along with performance type D> Ignition Wires fairly recently. '

YOU :Can you quantify this increase? What wires did you get and was your radio reception affected?

ME : I picked up another 1-1.5 mpg in fuel economy both around town and highway going 60 mph. Radio reception was not affected. I cant remember the name of the Ignition Wire Set i bought at a local Car Parts place, but i asked if they had access to Higher Performance type Ignition wires for hyundai , and they did. Ill research this more tomorrow and let you know.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Reply to message from snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dave in Lake Villa) (Fri,

07 Sep 2007 21:38:15) about "Re: Fuel Mileage increase due to plugs and wires":

D> ME : I picked up another 1-1.5 mpg in fuel economy both around town and D> highway going 60 mph. Radio reception was not affected. I cant remember D> the name of the Ignition Wire Set i bought at a local Car Parts place, D> but i asked if they had access to Higher Performance type Ignition D> wires for hyundai , and they did. Ill research this more tomorrow and D> let you know.

Much appreciated. Thanks for the numbers also.

Regards Wayne Moses Sat, 08 Sep 2007 23:23:44 -0500

Wayne Moses

DEFINITELY ! I'm on Hyundai number 7 , a big plus are forums like this where I can get technical info and avdice where I can do most repairs myself (Like replaceing clutches )

Reply to
Mad E Moe