1990 Trooper 2.8 and manual trans problem

I just aquired my 2nd trooper(first was a 4 cyl 87) and I am slowly getting it into shape.2problems,first,how to reset the flashing check engine light.Is it a switch I need to look for or a screw? Second issue is a 4wd problem. When I put the beast into 4wd,all seems fine until I start to move.It seems as if the brakes are on,and when i put back into 2wd,it really feels like the breaks are on.I must reverse for a bit, and then it frees up no problem. I am going to look at the front end this weekend,just wondering if anyone had any ideas.....The hubs are automatic, and are on my list to replace asap........Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom S

Tom,

I had '88 at one point. Backing up was required on the automatic hubs to disconnect the front differentials.

As for feeling like brakes, the front drive shaft may have issues, or something else that is affecting the front end drive train. That is just a wild guess - I'm no mechanic and never work on these things.

Good luck.

Rob

Reply to
rob