2001 Rodeo Sport 2.2L replacing head gasket:

Howdy,

This is the biggest project I've taken on under the hood yet, and things are going reasonably well so far. I've got the factory manual for this thing, and I've gone successfully through all 38 steps for removing the cylinder head assembly. However, there are two bits that don't appear to have been covered.

  1. What is the best way to disconnect the throttle cable? It is still attached to the throttle body, and will drag when the head comes off.

  1. What is the best way to seperate the head from the block? I've got the head bolts off, and as I understand it the intake side will stay on the head as an assembly. So how do I unstick the head from the block? 2x4 and BFH?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
shrike