3.1 K reg 1992 Trooper reliability.

I have just bought a 1992 swb Trooper 3.1 turbo diesel (with intercooler) to replace my old faithful G reg 2.8 turbo diesel. Is there anything in particular to look out for when buying this particular second hand vehicle of this age?

I got mine cheap out of a scrap yard with no mot and have not had a chance to have a really good look at it yet. The engine sounds great and picks up well compared to the 2.8 and you can hear the turbo which you could not do on the 2.8.

Can it match the 2.8 for fuel economy? I can easily get 34+ mpg out of my 2.8 if I keep the revvs around the 2500 mark and dont go silly when accelerating.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

George.

Reply to
George