92 Rodeo rough ride at 1st gear

I have a problem with my 92 rodeo 4wd 3.1 5 speed. When I let off the clutch in 1st gear from a dead stop there's a strain that you can really feel coming from the rear of the vehicle. I don't know much about the engineering involved but it feels like the rear drive shaft or something is bad. Once I get it going, it gets better. And you can feel the tender vibration coming from the rear for about 5-10 secs. Any help will be grateful.

Reply to
pja751