97 rodeo keyless remote

I have searched high and low for instructions on programming a keyless remote for my 97 isuzu rodeo. Nearest dealer is approx 100 miles away and wants 1/2 a day and 65.00 to program. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Tim Sickles

This is the procedure for a '98 Trooper, and might work:

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

Thanks for input Since I posted last I pieced together info from 4x4 wire and ITOG and with a little (3 or 4 hours) trial and error I successfully programmed my remotes. I don't know if this works for anything but a 97 Rodeo but here is what I came up with:

Controller for remote keyless is located under the driver seat. If you look under the driver seat from the rear seat side you will see a green button on the rear of the controller. With key in off position have someone push and hold button. (a pencil is useful here) Turn key to on position Security light at left of instruments will come on steady Push door latch button on 1st remote Security light will click and then go out Turn key to off position and then back to on Security light at left of instruments will come on steady again Push door latch button on 2nd remote Security light will click and then go out Turn key to off position and then back to on Security light at left of instruments will come on steady and after few seconds start to blink Push rear hatch button on 1st remote Security light will click and then go out Turn key to off position and then back to on Security light at left of instruments will come on steady and after few seconds start to blink Push rear hatch button on 2nd remote Security light will click and then go out Turn key to off position Have helper release button on controller

I feel rather proud of myself since the nearest dealer is 65 miles away and told me the only way to program remote was to hook it up to his computer and would cost $65.00

Reply to
Tim Sickles

Are you the guy that bought my remotes?

If so, sorry for not including the procedure.

Reply to
wrestleantares