91 Bonneville Remote Programming

Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone out there could tell me how to, or where to find information on how to program the Keyless Remote for a 1991
Bonneville SSE.
I am sure the car came with the Keyless Entry system, but it did not come with any remotes. I heard I can get ahold of any 91 Pontiac remote, and program the car to use it (is this true?).
Thank you all for your help.
I'm not sure whether this is possible or not, but there is a pin in the DLC that can be grounded to put the car in programming mode.
Are you sure it has a keyless entry system ? My SSE does not, and it doesn't show up in the Service Manual either... Mine is a 90, maybe it was a 91 only thing... All I have is the Security system that monitors the doors and trunk. ( little orange light in the dash says "Security" )
Rich...
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 10:28:18 GMT, "80 Knight"

Hmm, now that you mention it, I am not 100% positive that the car did come with a remote entry unit. I had a '90 Bonneville SSE, and it came with it. It even came with the remote, which worked great, but this car does the same as the '90 did. When you open a door with the engine off, the "Security" light flashes on the dash. If you lock the doors with the power lock button, the security light stays on solid, until you shut the door. After that, you must use the door lock key and unlock either front door to dis-arm the system, because if you don't, upon opening the door, the horn blows and the headlights flash. I *think* I saw the keyless entry unit in the car, but I am not certain. I figured the easiest way (other then calling a dealer ship) to find if I do indeed have keyless entry would be to find a remote, which I can, and try and get the car into programming mode. That is the problem, I don't know how to get the car into programming mode lol
This is the only info I have on getting the car into programming mode: 1990-1991 keyless entry fob programing(Shortstuff) 1990-1991 Bonneville Remote Keyless Entry Reprograming.
Open you glove box, and pull the rubber tabs in each corner towards you, so they get on the other side of the stopper.
look on the left side, on the glove box support. there should be a wire (a pinkish color, and a black one) it has a connector on the end. you need to ground the A terminal of the wire.
You can use the bolt that is back there.
The locks should now cycle, and the interior lights will come on. during this time, press the un-lock button on your remote. if you have two, you must do the second one during this time.
after you press the unlock button, the locks should now cycle again.
The only problem is that I don't understand what it all means. I found the pinkish and the black wires, but they are connected to the power trunk release, and I have no idea what it means to 'ground the A terminal of the wire'.

or
Remote Keyless Entry was optional in 91. The owners manual does not tell you how to reprogram the transmitters. It says to go to the dealer.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,900 miles_~_~_
Thanks for responding, but all the information I have looked up says that Keyless Entry was standard on the SSE's back in both 1990 and 1991. I know the dealers can program my remotes, but they want a small fortune to do it, that is why I am looking for someone who can tell me how to do it myself. :-)

Forgot to look it up when I posted but the Service Manual doesn't even have the programming procedure.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,900 miles_~_~_
I have seen that type of info posted here dozens of times, so keep looking, somone knows it. Are you checking

Thanks, and I added the GM NG too.