"ABS" fluid - brake fluid

I had my "other car" at the dealer the other day (service 4WD light was on). When they called to give me the specifics on what it needed, they said "and also, it needs this fluid changed, that fluid changed, the other fluid changed." He named every fluid in the car including power steering fluid (I know, this is how they make money). Of course I answered "no thanks" but one of things he said was "ABS fluid." I responded "ABS fluid?" and he said "yes, the ABS fluid needs changed." Has the service industry started calling brake fluid ABS fluid, or is there ABS fluid separate from the regular brake fluid? The car is a

2000 Tahoe.

Thanks, John

93 GT
Reply to
jmvannoy

I only change my ABS fluid when the blinker fluid is low....

Actually, it sound like there is a very new, very "green" service advisor at your Bowtie dealer.... But ya gotta give him extra points for effort (even though someone out there might fall for it).

"Could I have a coffee, no cream?" "Sorry, sir.... we're all out of cream - you'll have to have it without milk..."

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
JME93stang via CarKB.com