Changing Headgasket on 94 Issuzu Rodeo

My engine is pinging due to heat. My radiator hadn't been getting hot though but now is. I noticed water leaking under the radiator slowly and put stop leak in which stopped the leak; however my radiator and engine is still getting hot. I appreciate any available advice. Re: I took my engine to the shop and they said it was the headgasket causing my radiator and engine to get hot. How true is this.

Reply to
CoreyMDean

IF you have a leaky head gasket, you will have oil in your coolant and coolant in your oil. Change your oil and see if it is milky. If so, hopefully it's just a head gasket and not a cracked head.

-Bill

Reply to
DollarBill