Replace headgasket in 94 sc2

I have a headgasket leak on my 94 sc2. The dealer wants $1200 to fix it. Does that should right? It's an external leak which means it is leaking oil down the back of the engine, but I am starting to smell antifreeze also. Has anyone here change one before?

Thanks!

Reply to
David Allen

Oh yeah. It's a pain, because you have to take the #$^$% front cover off the engine, along with the chain, tensioners, etc. And they made it oh so easy to get to. And the PS pump gets pulled out of the way, and the A/C pump, and the water pump pulley...

It's a fun project if you want to learn auto repair, but a royal pain if you don't...

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski