Isuzu Pickup Trucks

Hello,

Was wondering if you guys can give me some insight on Isuzu's line of pickup trucks. I've heard that after 1996, the Isuzu trucks were basically GM made. I'm trying to decide on a good all around basic truck that is economical and easy to find on parts as well as good on gas. I'm trying to stay in the range of $1,000 - $2,500.

Your help is appreciated! Thanks.

Reply to
janeVF

While I'm a great fan of Isuzu their mini trucks never appealed to me. They never sold very well and thus parts aren't that easy to find. The GM based models will be easier to find parts but not as reliable IMHO. Your price range limits you to older standard cab no frills trucks. I'd take a look at used Nissans. They do not get as high priced as Toyota but are solid mini trucks. I sold my 1993 Nissan truck with 150K on it. Never any repairs.

Reply to
Miles

I just sold my Spacecab truck at $2100. Basically I think truck is reliable,at 140K miles, it does not burn or leak any oil, and runs smoothly.

The MPG of my truck is around 22. Some parts are not so easy to get here at Ohio.

From 1996, Isuzu Pickup became a rebaged Chevy S10.

Reply to
PC Player

Hmm, maybe you didn't want to hear this, but an early 90s Ranger would be of use to you.

If it wasn't for the fact that Space Cabs are nearly impossible to find and (to a lesser extent) my 2.3L was a carbed engine (a 93 truck), I wouldn't have sold mine off a while back.

I pimp for the Ranger because mine is a 94 Supercab with the 2.3L and

5 speed and looks very good at nearly 215K on the odo. I've only put about 5K on it, since I have only had it since the middle of March. Paid $3000 for it, btw.

The Lima 2.3L is quite reliable...better than the GM OHV 2.2L and does alright for an x-cab truck. It does 80-85 quite well, considering the Isuzu was 400 lb's lighter, but still died off around 65 mph and I never did more than 75 in that!

Just telling you what I see. When you're trying to get the delivery portion of a restaurant going, a decent x-cab that's easy to get parts for is a must. The Space Cab would have been neither, but I would have taken one nonetheless....

Reply to
Alfred B