Just bought 1995 Rodeo, need advice......

Hey guys, I just bought a 1995 Rodeo with 157,000 miles on it. I only paid 1,000 for it and it's in pretty good shape. New rims tires, etc. I'm using it to haul computers around. Anyway, I've got that Isuzu ticking sound, and i'm going to try the synthetic fix. I was just wondering is there anything specific I should get done to the vehicle in the way of service? Or anything I should look out for? I travel on back roads at night sometimes and I want to be prepared. I'm not sure how long these things run for. I've hear that you can get 200k or better out of them. The transmission vibrates a little in first gear, but thats the only problem i'm having. I know it's hard to give me specifics because you cant "see" my vehicle, but, Any general advice at all would be greatly appreciated!!! Also, which dipstick is for the transmission? The one with the latch?

-Pete

Reply to
poneal

I just sold my '95 Rodeo, but what I can tell you is a common occurrance is the speedometer gear losing teeth ($20 part} which will not only leave you guessing your speed, but the computer will not know the correct fuel/air mixture to use and cause stalling. The part itself is located on the rear of the transmission, just forward of the universal joint on the passenger side. Look for the 3-wire harness connection, and use a 10mm socket to remove the unit. Don't buy the entire sending unit ($130+), just the small nylon gear on a metal post.

Window regulators go out also, and while not cheap they are simple to replace. Again, don't buy the entire regulator/motor if the motor is still working. The regulator by itself will run $78-$89 from most dealers.

The cheapest repair was when the tailgate release wouldn't work, and all it took was a $1.39 spring from the dealer and about 30 minutes.

For good schematics, go to hondaautomotiveparts.com and look up Honda Passport, which were assembled on the same Lafayette, Indiana assembly line.

Reply to
Manuel Garcia