Landwind crash tests

the chinese Landwind (Isuzu Trooper clone) just received it's crashtest ratings at several EU sites the comment was "...it's the worst result seen in 20 years..."

Reply to
Tom

How about a link to the info? And why are they crash testing a vehicle that is no longer being made...??

Reply to
Wesley

I think that the Landwind is a clone of the Isuzu Rodeo from a few generations back (as manufactured in the UK as the Vauxhall Frontera) - not the Trooper. See here for pics of the German AA crash tests:

I guess that the Isuzu Rodeo pics are there to illustrate the much better results of the German manufactured Isuzu Rodeo design.

Cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Kay

Yep, does indeed appear to the Rodeo - maybe not even the most recent design... Something to me just looks funny about that whole thing, I have trouble believing it is 100% accurate. You know, like the email forward you get and then get this nagging feeling in the back of your head that you'd better head over to snopes.com and check it out. In this case, a quick google search can't turn up anything... I did see one note that said both the manufacturer and distributor were not invited to the tests...that sounds a bit fishy. Who knows...just seems to me that the US wouldn't have allowed an import with such poor crash testings...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

Sounds a bit like the phoney crash tests on the Trooper back in the 80's (or was it 90's?) done by Consumer Digest in the US..

RL

Reply to
Ray Laughton