leaking transmission. is it covereted under warrenty?

My 2002 rodeo is leaking trans fluid. I found out today after I went to get an oil change. About 2 days ago my truck started idling low and started stuttering from a stopping position.

I'm at 46000 miles(50k warranty, 120k on powertrain) and tomorrow I'm taking it to a place that will look an see if the gaskets are leaking. If they fix it or not is this something that's normally covered under warranty?

If I can wait to Monday Ill take it in and see if they can do something. Any additional advice would be helpful too. TIA Walt

Reply to
Walter

It should be covered but only at a dealership. Unlikely to get it covered at an independent shop. Low tranny fluid won't make your engine run bad unless the tranny is starting to sieze up. Make sure you have reciepts showing proper maintanence over the 46K.

Reply to
Miles

Should I wait till Monday to take it to the dealership or take it to this place first then take it to the dealership? I don't want to kill my engine. I guess I could abstain from driving my truck until Monday. As far as maintenance I mean I get the fluids and such changed every

3000-3200 miles, differentials checked and such. I don't keep the receipts from jiffy lube.
Reply to
Walter

I wouldnt drive it to any shop or dealership unless engine and tranny fluid levels are full. Lack of proof of maintenance could be a problem but you should be fine if there is no damage other than leaking gaskets as the dealer will most likely not ask for them.

Reply to
Miles

Jiffy Lube probably has all of those records on computer. Call them and ask.

Reply to
The Ghost of General Lee