Re: Any decent Isuzu mechanics in Dallas TX?

I plan on replace my timing belt on my 94 isuzu pickup as well. bought it

> used not knowing if it has been changed and I do have Haynes manual. > > I see there is a huge gap between the belt cover and fan, not a very tight > space, so I think I can do it myself. > > $800 quote is too much. $200 is about right. DIY $0. > > And because of the interference engine design that becomes the top priority > of my truck. > > One of my neighbor is out of work, (we are in Dallas) and he does some work > for me on my isuzu truck. I bet he can take $100 for the timing belt change > job. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks, I'll forward this over to him. We're in East Dallas near Lakewood, he works near Stemmons and Mockingbird (over in that industrial area).

Reply to
Lashton

I've had to use an "outside" wrench a couple of times and had a real good experience with

ALL STAR JAPANESE ENGINE & AUTO SERVICE

4321 LINDBERGH DR, ADDISON, TX 75001 Phone: (972) 788-4299

The guy was honest, did only what I asked, no hidden charges, and the old Trooper never ran better. In fact it probably ran better than new after he did the last head job on it. Seems to know Troopers pretty well.

Keith

Reply to
goolsbee