Replacement for Trooper

Hi, I still have a 90' Trooper that I will replace. I am looking for something with the same characteristics. Suggestions?

Is there a chance that Isuzu will start making Troopers again?

Thanks

Steve Y

Reply to
sÝiŸEn

I have heard/read somewhere that Isuzu will be introducing a large (trooperish large) inexpensize 4wd in 2005-2006 right now the only thing larger than the Rodeo/Axioms is the GM based Ascender.

Reply to
wrestleantares

Will this be Isuzu or GM designed and built and will it be available in the US?

My "all" Isuzu built 93 Trooper has been bullet proof and I don't intend to by a rebadged GM product.

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

I'm pretty certain Isuzu Japan will comtinue making RHD Bighorns, but GM America will not be importing them as LHD captives under the Trooper name.

Holden still make their Isuzu rebadges, the Motery/Frontera family in Australia, I think they export some to the mideast in LHD.

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

Interesting, all right-hand drive countries.. Sadly, Opel has stopped their Monterey re-badging for the EU.

-Perhaps because no other left-hand drive regions want the vehicle, so Isuzu has stopped their production?

Reply to
madiba

They stopped production permanently in July. They apparently have enough unsold stock piled to last at least a year, certainly of RHD versions for the UK. One possible reason for discontinuing the model is that they could not sell viable numbers of them.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Did they discontinue the commercial/van version too - or just the passenger version?

Cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Kay

Discontinued.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

The way I hear it, it will be an Isuzu vehicle not a GM rebadge.

Reply to
wrestleantares

Available in the states? I hope so cause that's about when I'm planning on replacing my 93. Bigger would be nice with just a bit of luxury like the Trooper I have now.

Reply to
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

I think Isuzu is done in the North American market.

Everything but the Rodeo is done for the next few years and who knows how long Isuzu will hold on to that.

They are making use of that gas direct injection technology, but like with the D-max, who says it won't go into other General Mistake rigs instead....

You can make a killing with the low resale on the later model Troopers. Do it that way and hold on.

Reply to
Alfred B