So where does the oil go?

My 2001 gas powered 3.whatever 6cyl goes through roughly a qt every week or 2. I've peaked under the valve cover and it doesn't look all burned and caked and there's no oil leaking. So, can run it indefinitely as long as I keep it full of oil? ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

The Isuzu 3.2L and 3.5L V6 is well known to use a lot of oil. Usually it's around 1/2q to 1qt per 1K miles but I've heard of worse. It's caused by the short skirt pistons Isuzu used which increase HP but causes blow by. People have run for well over 100K without problems as long as oil is kept full and kept clean. Oil isn't leaking. It's being burned.

Plugs and the catalytic converter may foul over time. Check and replace the plugs if needed.

Gem> My 2001 gas powered 3.whatever 6cyl goes through roughly a qt every

Reply to
miles