Trooper won't hold an idle

2001 Trooper 4x4 3.5 160K miles.

I've replaced the plugs, egr valve, pcv valve, gas filter. I don't have the knowledge to adjust or replace fuel injectors but that was going to be my next move I guess. Any experienced suggestions? ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson

replace Fuel Pressure Regulator, small $25 part that sits right side of throttle body, slightly underneath you will have to take off all hoses on top and the FPR is held in place with a small star-hex-nut - suggest using a drop cloth underneath as some fuel will spill out and to locate small part(s)

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

Cleaning IAC perhaps? It's right on throttle body, easy to take off and clean.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Maybe even listen for a vacum leak. a loud hissing sound..maybe a worn out vacum hose with a crack in it. vacum hoses take vacum generated from the intake manifold and use it to operate valves. opening and closing them or to operate switches. if the leak is large enough, it would idle rough or not at all. i've always found its usually more than just one thing and i always check the basics before I buy any parts.

Reply to
jetboy