Value of 98 Trooper

What would be a reasonable asking price on 3.5L 98 Trooper, all extras except leather/sunroof/heated seats, but limited slip diff is in. 110K miles, and I may need to sell it over 10 days max. Good condition overall, interior a bit worn but otherwise looking fine. I'm in Wisconsin.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Max Tindell

Sell it on ebay, you won't get the best price but somebody WILL buy it

Reply to
AV

"AV" wrote

how does that work? I mean, it's not like selling a digital camera where you can agree on payment beforehand and ship registered mail.

how will the buyer verify clear title? there are so many cheaters on ebay (time magazine article in last 3 months) that it makes for a very big ticket loss if you run across a scammer

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

Ebay has a safe transfer system, the buyer deposits the money in an Ebay account so the seller knows they'll be paid, but the money isn't released to the seller unless the buyer tells Ebay they have actually recieved the goods. go to ebay and browse the FAQs

rhys

Reply to
rnf2

I bought my 98 Trooper on Ebay 11 months ago, with 48K miles on it. With a couple of small exceptions, it was everything the guy advertised it to be. I sent him a bank check, he sent me the title, and I owned it. Then I set up the shipment with a shipper and had it shipped to Kansas City, where my dad lives. That was my first Ebay purchase, ever. A good time was had by all. r/ Steve

Reply to
Stephen (Despammed)

"Stephen" wrote

how small were the small exceptions?

you never saw the car or did you phone each other, how about mechanic checking it out?

did you see digital pics of the car?

what if there had been some major hidden item? tranny blowout? did the seller give you ANY kind of guarantee of satisfaction? did you settle beforehand on procedures (legally) on how to proceed if any disputes?

what if the title had leans on it? what if the car was stolen?

Reply to
Joe Isuzu

Joe, see my answers below.... Steve

Lessee.... one was the statement that it had a leather steering wheel, (it didn't); another that it had electric mirrors (partially true), and the biggest, which I wish I'd taken him to task on but ran out of time due to my dad picking it up - he said the tires were Bridgestones with 60% of their original tread or something like that, and what was on the truck were nearly worn-out Goodyears. I've gotton a year out of them, though... so I can't complain too much.

I saw 16 or 20 high quality digital photos. I checked Car Facts, and found out that the truck was actually sold originally in Kansas City, and with the mileage (48K), and the photos, it looked great. And I was desperate for a truck.

Yes

knew I'd cancel the bank check or stop payment on it if that happened. As it was, my Dad picked up the truck in KC, drove it, and pronounced it to be fine. And it was. tranny blowout? Same as above

although I can't remember now what it was. Plus I had Ebay's guarantee that if the truck wasn't what it was advertised to be, I had recourse.

know if you own it until you win the auction.

Ebay protection would have kicked in.

Reply to
Stephen (Despammed)