Done it again...

Well, hasn't today been interesting..

Alfa 145 has now gone, at a reasonable profit :-D Alfa 164 has now gone, at a reasonable profit :-D

and to replace them?

The *MINTEST* Ford Capri 2.0 Laser I've ever seen. Couldn't resist it. Nicely cheap, absolutely unmarked inside and out, 81000 genuine full service historied miles, unmarked alloys, mint interior, receipt for original sale (in original dealers folder thing), all mots from birth, original radio cassette (with handbook) and all for a stupidly reasonable amount of money.

Drives like it's brand new, no rattles, squeaks, bangs, smoke, nasty smells etc. Looks like it's just rolled out of the showroom.

Needs a back box (stupid Janspeed thing on it), and a camshaft (it's a Pinto..)

Used to belong to the lead guitarist of Fleetwood Mac!, which is bizarre.

Oh, and I made a grand out of the 145, which was nice.

Reply to
Pete M

Hey, I looked at an A6 that was recently on ebay and exactly my ideal spec - cruise control (standard factory jobbie, not a crap aftermarket one like in mine), cream leather interior, 140bhp, SE spec etc etc. Bodywork not as nice as mine (fair few more scratches, but nothing absolutely terrible), interior quite dirty and the drivers' seat worn in the usual place, but overall not anywhere near as good condition as mine otherwise I'd have been well tempted.

Where was I? Oh yeah, that used to belong to the son of the drummer from Led Zeppelin. Forget his name, but he had it from new and got it specced up to the max.

Lucky bastard!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

LMAO from ugly alfa's to a ford crapi!

i'd say in looks though it was an upgrade :)

Reply to
Vamp

Show us some pics! I wanna see some pics!! I secretly want a Capri. I've never had the guts to actually buy one though ;)

Any idea *which* lead guitarist from Fleetwood Mac? There's been a few...

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

snip

One that's mad enough to own a 2.0 litre Capri.

That'll be Peter Green then.

Reply to
Jamesy

Pete M raved thus:

:: The *MINTEST* Ford Capri 2.0 Laser I've ever seen.

You just need a 5.0 for it now... :)

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

In news:fPuhc.23$B21.18@newsfe1-win, ¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

It's tempting, as is a Rover lump with those two turbos in the garage...

only thing is, this Capri is probably too clean to do it to.

Reply to
Pete M

Damn you. I'm very jealous.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news:c6698o$8llm0$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-166528.news.uni-berlin.de, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, I put a new exhaust on it today. Left the Janspeed manifold on (rude not to). Was well happy with the price of bits. £14.00 for the back box, and £22.00 for the middle box. Bunged the lads in National £15 to fit it all, which was handy cos it was a bit of a pig to fit.

Only thing is, now the exhaust is done, I can hear the rattly cam a bit more :|

Getting 28-30 mpg out of it round town too, which is a bonus.

Reply to
Pete M

souls

Sweet. Got any pics of it?

I was very proud of my 50 mpg on my last fill up :D

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Bah, driving like a girl these days?! Proud of my 14mpg! :D hehe

Reply to
Max Hamlet

Thats to work and back eveyday along an an A road and a motorway in a small diesel car :(

Although i strayed off them today and through the New Forest after lots of rain and lots of *deep* water. The big bad diesel engine didnt skip a beat :) Should be good fun on the rally this weekend if the wet weather keeps up (fingers crossed)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news:c66ctm$82llg$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-166528.news.uni-berlin.de, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

don't blame me for the picture quality, I'll get some better pics taken tomorrow.....

The top one is courtesy of the Autotrader, the second is from my mobile phone.. I'll get some proper ones done probably tomorrow...

Reply to
Pete M

My car had its 2nd ever day of not starting first time today :S Took a min or so to crank it over and it eventually caught on! Both times have been just after lots of heavy heavy rain, which prob means damp and shit getting down into spark wells. It started instantly when I put WD40 around the sparks so thats what i reckon! My driving mainly consists of around uni, and town, and then the drag from soton to devon every 3-4 weeks or so. Oh and the occasional blast into the new forest when its nice weather! :)

Reply to
Max Hamlet

Looks good, but for some reason I thought it would have been white.

Syncro

Reply to
Syncro

My car had it's first ever day of driving like a dog. the waste gate actuator rod fell of the wastegate arm, and it felt like I was driving a stock rep mondeo on swamp gas.

Having thought things through, I doubt I could go back to a NA large car of less than 4 litres after my experience today.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

You live in Soton? Cool! What you doing at uni? I spent 3 fun filled years there and now work just up the road.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

souls

Very nice indeed! :) I've set my sights on an SD1 though. Hopefully in just over a years time...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yeah, in my 2nd year doing Aerospace Engineering. Finish next june ready to start 4 years of more bloody exams and training! argh!

Reply to
Max Hamlet

LOL, lucky boy!! Mind you, I endured 3 years of maths :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs