what to do with my 91 trooper

sadly, i'm ready to get rid of my 91 trooper. i'm buying a new car (read: i have kids now) and am trying to figure our what to do with the trooper. i'd trade it in, but don't think that i'd get much money for it as it's right front fender is bashed in. otherwise, the car runs fine.

any suggestions as to what i should do with it? i hate the thought of just taking it to a junkyard as it has so many usable parts on it (low mileage tires, new headlight, etc.).

thanks in advance, jim

i live in the washington, d.c. area

Reply to
jiminator

Stick a For Sale sign in it...advertise in your local paper...post a for sale message here... Surely someone can use a good old Trooper! Probably not worth a whole lot, and someone can afford it and it's a Trooper so it will run forever. :-) Look at kbb.com for a beginning guesstimate as to the value of it...

Or, park it in the corner and keep driving it. Taxes and insurance shouldn't be too much any more...

Good luck!

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

Put it on the local Craigslist. It's free and you can post up to 4 pictures with it. I've had great success selling stuff on the 'List and folks are looking there for deals all the time.

HTH & G'luck........ed

Reply to
Ed Mc

Try selling it. Will be a lot of years of big fun for someone else. Some money for you on the side... Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

Ditto for trying Craigslist. The local site for D.C. is at

I just sold a car on there (well, the Philly version) last Friday. It was sold in 4 days!

Reply to
BrianW

Jim,

I much regretted trading my 96 trooper in on a 2005 Ascender. When I went to ebay, I really ate crow! I was seeing completed auctions baring several thousand dollars more to the owner/sellers than I agreed to on the trade. It really breaks my heart. You cannot imagine, how many will be seeing your auction. If you do consider the ebay auction, plz establish a reserve amount and that way you won't get stuck selling it for much lower than you wanted. Now, should you decide to have what they call a "No Reserve auction" you certainly will pull in many, many bids and lots of times you will end up with more money than you thought beforehand. Sometimes, one never knows.

Ernie, Isuzu Ascender 2005 Isuzu Trooper S 1990

Reply to
Ernie

- sell that sucka! $$$

Reply to