2002 Jag S type V6

Friend just picked up a mint low mileage S type 3.0, 2002 with

106000km on the clock. It needs brakes, but before getting into that it has another issue. It starts perfectly, then after a few seconds of running the CEL flashes, it runs rough, and gives message it is running at reduced power. Code P0300 comes up. Is this likely to be a cam sensor problem? (disconnecting both makes NO difference - which makes me suspicious) or a fuel pressure problem? (is there a schrader valve on an 02 where I can connect the pressure tester - if so where?)

I've done some work on old Jags - e types and MkIIs and old XJs - but out of the loop on the new high-tech Jags. Looks a lot like (my old) Mystique 2.5 and Taurus 3.0 18 valve engines but totally different ignition and fuel systems.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Hello,

I don't have a suggestion for the repair but have a hint.

There is a website/forum for the Ford/Lincoln LS, which is basically the same as the Jaguar S-Type. Sheet metal is different but it appears the engine, drivetrain, suspension and most everything else is all Jag.

There is also a section for servicing, including some manuals.

I beleive yours would be the same as a Gen 1, six cylinder.

There are a few regulars on there that seem to eat, drink and know pretty much everything to know about the LS. They may be able to suggest a starting point.

I don't want to mislead you but the fuel pump is a likely suspect, I've seen enough posts about replacing it where it looks like it's something that doesn't last the life of the rest of the car.

Good luck.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
bje

Installed 6 new plugs and coils and it PURRRRRS like a Kitten. No codes, no misfires, revs freely - now to find the hemmhorage in the brake system

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Fuel pressure held a steady 50psi when tested.

Reply to
Clare Snyder