'97 Vanden Plas

I recently purchased a 1997 XJ6 Vanden Plas. from a private party in Texas. Apparently, the computer was cleared (check engine light , or whatever) before it was sent to me. When I tried to get it smogged here in California, it can;t complete the test because the engine's computer hasn't completed all of the self-tests. I've put around 400 miles on it. I understand there is a driving procedure used by service techs to get the computer to complete all of the tests. Can anybody help? Thanks

Ted Arnold snipped-for-privacy@avradionet.com

Reply to
Ted Arnold