Browns Lane Factory

Just want to express my commiserations to all the staff at the Browns Lane factory.

For those who don't know, Ford have announced that the spiritual home of Jaguar wont be making any more cars. The latest news seems to be that just wood trim is going to be produced at the site.

Reply to
Stuart Adair

This is a real shame and as a Jaguar retiree, I too want to express my sympathies to all those who for so many years have been at the heart of this wonderful marque at Brown's Lane.

Most folks don't know that over the past 8 years Jaguar's Browns Lane plant has received numerous quality awards from JD Power, besting BMW, MB, Toyota etc. The closing has been rumored for some time and is probably not unforeseen, due to its small capacity, but a damn shame none the less. The only consolation is that Castle Brom is not far away and many of the workers can be transferred. Jaguar offices will remain at Brown's Lane and of course wood trim work, but I wouldn't bank on any of that remaining for long. For anyone whose not been there the Browns Lane plant is actually on a road called Browns Lane, in the middle of a delightful Coventry residential community. I'm sure this will be a tremendous blow to Coventry and all the wonderful folks who supported Jaguar over the decades.

Reply to
Jerry McG