Fuel tank advice?

Howdy all, I just finished pulling the RH gas tank out of my 1977 XJ6 due to leaking. The bottom of the tank has some rust through and I was hoping to get some advice on what makes more sense.

1) Repair the tank and reinstall with the existing internal fuel pump and sending unit.

2) Repair the tank, replace the pump and sending unit.

3) Replace the tank with one that uses an external fuel pump.

It looks like finding a tank that uses the internal pump is going to be rather difficult, is it more problematic? If I replace the tank with one that uses an external pump where is the new pump usually mounted?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
boat73