HELP 1973 XJ6 Headlights won't shut off!!!

I just picked up an XJ6 series II and was trying to get the headlights working properly. All off the sudden the headlights won't shut off even when the switch is off. I replaced the high/low switch with one from a parts car but am concerned that I may have wired it wrong. I found that the car had a lot of the wrong fuses in place. 20 amp where there should be 10, 30 amp where there should be 25, etc... I know this is a real general question, but does anyone have any suggestions or could someone tell me the correct wiring combination for the high/ low switch box?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
boat73

Relay points stuck together? Just a guess.

Reply to
Adysthemic