Help identifying this part...

Got this part from a boot sale. Looks like a bonnet badge. 65mm diameter, 12mm thick. Glass disk with chromed metal surround. Glass disk has a silver coloured jaguar (animal) in the centre. Item has a 'leg' of about 15mm. Small hole in bottom of leg suggests a spring went here.

Any ideas??

Best regards

Bob

Reply to
Robert Holdford

Bob

Have you thought about posting a photo somewhere? There is loads of memorobelia around and it may trigger some thoughts.

Paul

Reply to
snowy

Reply to
Robert Holdford

Bob, I believe that is an ornament from a Mercury Cougar

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Thanks, not surprised then that I could'nt find anything about it. I just thought Jaguar :-)

cheers

Bob

Reply to
Robert Holdford

Definately looks like something along those lines.

Thanks again Bob

Reply to
Robert Holdford

Hurrah!!! Found it. 1974 Mercury Cougar XR-7 Hood Ornament.

Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Robert Holdford