How do I get to the oil filter in my 1997 XJR?!!

Hi everyone, I've never posted to the group because, well, I've never owned a Jag until now! I just bought a 1997 XJR and decided yesterday to change the oil myself, that is until I tried to remove the oil filter. Can anyone tell me what exactly is the procedure in getting the oil filter off and free of the engine block? I could barely get my hand on it, much less get any torque to turn it---and on top of that, it seemed even if I did get it unscrewed, I still would have an impossible time getting it free from the engine because of the wiring and an especially annoying bracing bar that runs right in front of the filter. So, what's the trick? Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!! Thanks!! William J.

Reply to
William J.

Wellcome to Jaguar engineering. Pete

Reply to