How much is my jaguar worth?

Hi I have a 1956 4dr sedan project car . Pretty rough no glass. All body parts are there

Reply to
Charles E. Thompson

It is worth whatever somebody else is prepared to pay for it. That is going to depend to a great extent on where it is, what model it is, how complete it is, how original it is and how much history it has. In other words, not enough information.

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

If it is truly a 1954 4 door Jaguar saloon, then it can only be a Mark VII / Mark VIIM. It really doesn't matter all that much. A Jag of this age is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If it is anywhere near the condition you say, it is probably won't cost you much to have it towed off your lot. A better description and perhaps a photo would certainly help.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Obviously, but does he know that .

As with anything else.

Even more important, where in the world is it. How can one attempt to price something without knowing which market it is being sold in. He also doesn't say how complete it is mechanically. Does it have it's original engine and gearbox with matching numbers, for instance. Makes an enormous difference to what it is worth.

I assume from the fact that it has no glass that it also has nothing useable left of the interior. That is a very expensive thing to replace on a big Jag. He says all the body parts are there, but I doubt it has all the ltttle bits of trim that are hard to source and replace.

If the body is solid - which I doubt - someone might want it for its wings, doors, boot lid, etc. Personally, I'd be looking to give it to anyone who was prepared to take it away and do something with it.

(I see the guy has posted again, starting a new thread but providing no new information. He seems to be a complete waste of space.)

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

The gentlemen in question has now e-mailed me off newsgroup (poor netiquette, that) confirming the above impression, in that he has once again failed to provide any of the information on which some of us might be able to base a useful valuation.

Nevertheless, in the interest of being as helpful as possible, I will share the following with the newsgroup for comment, discussion and critical analysis ;-)>.

If, as we assume, the car is a MkVII, then a relatively complete non-runner suitable for restoration (with an identity and some paperwork) *might* be worth in the range GBP 900-1500 in the UK. If, however, the car is in the US, Canada, Austalia or New Zealand - as it could well be - it would be worth whatever the local market dictates and any UK valuation would have to take shipping costs into account.

If, as I suspect, the car is not much more than a shell, any value will be in those remaining solid, detachable body parts (wings, bonnet, boot lid, doors) and restorable trim items. If our guy is not prepared to break it and e-bay these items himself - assuming anything is in saleable condition - then he should advertise it 'for spares or repair, any reasonable offer considered' and be glad if he gets any folding money atall. (The alternative, after all, is probably having to pay to have it taken away.)

David Betts ( snipped-for-privacy@motorsport.org.uk) The Classic Car Gallery:

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
David Betts

830847103&n98038677

Reply to
JimInsolo

That is a pretty cynical point of view. Much more likely that he is simply not very bright .