Leaky X-Type

I have an X-Type, 10 days shy of being 3 years old, and just noticed a fluid leak on the driveway, looks like a couple of distinct oil patches, which makes me think something has occured within the last

2-3 days.

I took a look underneath and noticed fluid dripping (slowly) from here:

- notice the darkpatches (click the photo for the enlarged version). It's in for its 3 year service on Tuesday, but in the mean time does anyone know what it might be?

TIA

Jake

Reply to
Muxton

might be a shot in the dark...but when mine went for it's final service just before it was three years old the dealer noticed a small leak in the power steering pump and fixed it under warranty. ..might be it.

pete

Reply to
peter marshall

Interesting... I didn't think it was engine oil because of where it's appeared, it could be what you describe.

Anyway, I'm phoning the dealer now because I've just noticed the PDI was done three years tomorrow!

Jake

Reply to
Muxton

Get your complaint in writing - Not in writing it does not exist !!

Reply to
Bruce Wallaby

Leaking shaft seal, so presumably power steering fluid. They're fixing it under warranty on Thursday :)

Jake

Reply to
Muxton

On the subject of power steering, why would my steering go stiff at idle when I'm trying to turn, like when parking. Usually a little roll & some rpms get it going again. Thanks

Al

96 VDP

Reply to
Jon A

We have a 2003 2.5 that had a tossed steering pump within 3 weeks. That does make the steering very stiff and makes the Jag dealer very eager to fix the problem. Paul

Reply to
taltos