Oil Change 2001 Vanden Plas XJ8

Hello All,
I purchased this car with 53,000 kilometres on it (32,000 miles), with the last oil change done at 49,000 kilometres (29,000 miles). It now has 56,000
kilometres (34,000 miles) on it and time for my first oil change as the new owner. Questions: what is the best oil to use?; any special consideration to be given for a filter? Any advice appreciated.
Alan Strickland Victoria BC Canada

I would use the original filter and a synthetic oil. My old AJ40 3.2 (6-cyl) has done 160000 km and is still holding good oil pressure on a 5W40.
Leo