Possibly buying a jag, North of Scotland, UK.

Hi, all. Before I start, please don't flame me for my current car! I'm considering selling my 2001 bmw330dse and returning to the jaguar fold. I'm keen on either the x-type 2.5/3.0 or s-types (V8?), but concerned that the main dealer in Inverness says "convert to LPG and no warranty!" Are there any specific LPG issues with these cars? Any specific dealers to stay away from? I fancy something around 1.5 to 2 years old with at least all the toys I have at the moment, and a heated screen as well. Are there any specific issues to watch out for on these models, common failures etc? My last jag (which I regrettably sold to get into the housing market 10 years ago!) was a 1978 XJ6C 2-door coupe, deep gloss black with the black vinyl roof, with a moderately tuned engine, triple carbs, 4-speed +o/d box, V12 powr-lok diff and uprated suspension. It snapped it's speedo cable at an indicated 142mph going down Shap on the M6! Well, I was younger then, and a lot more foolish! Many thanks, Badger.

Reply to
Badger