'94 Accord A/C

My Accord never had really effective A/C and I wonder if this was just something with my car or a commom issue on all '94 Accords.

What makes it ineffective? Not enough air volume, air not cold enough, or a bit of both?
I've never heard of any A/C issues with that generation of Accords, but then again I've never had one either. However, I'm inclined to suspect something specific to your car, as all of the Hondas I've owned dating back to the mid-1980s have had very effective A/Cs, and I live in a region where A/C is a necessity as the temperature regularly hits triple digits at the peak of summer.
Have you had the system pressure checked? A couple of years ago the A/C started getting noticeably less effective in my wife's '99 Accord, to the point where the air it was blowing was barely cool much of the time. I was afraid the compressor was going out, but we wound up just having the coolant recharged, and it's been working fine since then.
--
Dave

On 7/18/2018 11:04 PM, Dave Garrett wrote:

My '94 Accord's A/C has been services but it did not help much. It takes forever to get some cool air out of the vents and because of that I don't even bother to turn it on for shorter trips which most trips are these days. Not using it much may contribute to the problem as I've heard that it is better to use A/C regularly than not. I guess the old saying applies here too: use it or lose it.

So, has it always been this way, since you said it had never really been effective? Are you the original owner of the car?
This thread is worth a read for guidance on things to check:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forum/general-tech-help-7/1994-accord- ex-c-blowing-hot-air-while-system-full-55854/
https://preview.tinyurl.com/yb9mwjca
--
Dave

On 7/19/2018 9:11 PM, Dave Garrett wrote:

I bought it as a bank-reposessed car with 36K miles in it and as far as I can recall, the A/C never kicked in fast enough to use it on shorter trips. But even on longer trips I could get better cooling from open windows, not to mention the less drag from the compressor.
On 2018-07-18 22:20:06 +0000, cameo said:

Honda couldn't make an AC system to save its life until the 1998 Accord.
It's the design. There's nothing wrong with it.
On 7/20/2018 9:34 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation.