s-typ ac temperature switch

My 02, 3.0 s-type's ac fan will not shut off, by the switch. It seems all the buttons still work, looking at the tempter control, it looks like it goes off but the fan stays running. It even sounds as if the vents close, which makes the fan noise get even louder when it is suppose to be shut off. The fan seems to go from high to low, just not off. So far the only way I have figured out to shut it off is to remove the relay, could my problem be the ac temperature switch? Would this cause the fan to run even when the ac/heater is shut off? If so where is it physical located. Thanks for your help.

Hood

Reply to
Billy

My wife is very good at using her tempter control. Sorry, couldn't resist it.

Reply to
fredbloggs

My 2003 S-Type had the A/C fan "go out" twice. First it wouldn't go on , the second time it wouldn't shut off - until I turned the car off and waited a few minutes before starting it back up. Both happened on a very hot day. The dealer reprogrammed the computer and it hasn't happened since (been about 18 mos now).

Reply to
mdp

Thanks, I had not even considered the computer.

Reply to
Billy