XK8 ABS light

I have a 2001 XK8. I've only owned it for a couple weeks. It is in perfect shape, passed a thorough VI with no problems found save for a couple of dead side marker bulbs. But there is one issue, 4 out of 5 times when starting it, I get the ABS light illuminated. As soon as I tap the brakes, the message center displays TRAC not available and ASC not available. When the ABS light does not come on, I get no failure messages so the 3 are definitely connected. The previous owner did not report this. Possibly something happened while it was being shipped across country I suspect.

Before taking it to the Jag dealership, is there anything I can do to resolve this?

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

David Wilson

Ayup - when they tied front passenger side wheel down they pinched the ABS cable. Not an expensive repair but their warranty does not cover "undercarriage" damage.

Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Cook