03 Wrangler drive train noise

Well I just returned from the dealer. One of the techs took a ride with me and he isolated the whining noise to the rear axle. Apparently I have excessive backlash so I get a rebuild on my Dana 44. Lucky it's under warranty!

On another note, I have to give that dealership kudos. Everyone was friendly and very professional. When the tech got in my Jeep he even knocked the snow off his shoes before getting in. I expect I'll be well taken care of there since they seem to pay attention to the little things. The dealer is Owl Chrysler Jeep in Honesdale, Pa.

Reply to
Ken Knapp

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ha! Lucky for me the factory tires were on it. 'Course it came with 30" tires.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Knapp