1963 3/4 ton 4WD stepside SWB Jeep Gladiator

My neighbors are looking to sell one -- I think he's the second owner. It has 93K original miles on it, and it is immaculate. It has the original California dealer badges on it, and probably has only been there and here (Arizona). It doesn't need anything, as far as I can tell. It even has original upholstery on it, and on the driver's side bed, what looks like an original shovel holder complete with otiginal shovel. The only thing on it that doesn't look original is the master cylinder.

This Jeep has the 6 cylinder with the overhead cam, and was running when he parked it about two years ago. I can't believe the condition it's in; it has to be something some restorer or collector would be interested in having. But I can't find one like it in any of the Hemmings I have looked in.

I have a lot of old magazines that have ads for Gladiators, but all of them are fleetsides. You can see it is the original Jeep green metallic, no bodywork done (or needed) as far as I can tell.

It's too late to take it to Barrett-Jackson until next year; where could I find out a reasonable price for thsi? The wife is tired of having it parked where she wants to park HER car, and hubby hasn't driven it for awhile. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Vicki

L.W.(ßill)