1979 Jepp j10 brake problems

We have tried everything we can think of to no avail or brakes either. Are there any common problems we may be over looking? I can say that the pedal seems OK until the right rear bleeder is opened. Please any help would be great. Sue

Reply to
Sue

Then close the bleeder..... ;-)

I for one have no clue what you are talking about....

Mike

Mike Romain

I did put a wink in there.... ;-) ...

Ok, so I have a warped sense of humor....

I find it hard to see the job from here in front of my computer so a little clue as to what is the problem and what has been done so far usually helps. Like the second thread. See my reply there.

Mike

Sue wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Will Honea

Relax

Take a deep breath.

Describe carefully and slowly what happens when you push on the brake pedal.

Does the pedal go clear to the floor?

Does the pedal go less and less far to the floor if you pump it several times?

Does the pedal *not* go to the floor but you have little or no brakes?

Did this just start, or has it gradually gotten worse?

Are you losing brake fluid if you keep pumping the brakes?

Have you or someone else made *any* repairs under the vehicle lately?

Changed brake parts?

Drained and replaced brake fluid?

Added fluid from a can left in the closet for 10 years?

What grade of brake fluid are you using?

What color is the brake fluid at the bleed valves?

Sue proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon