1990 jeep shifter alignment

Hi Folks: I have a 1990 jeep automatic that has a shift cable. I can't get into low gear with the shifter, and I have to pull down beyond drive to get into drive. Looks like a simple alignment problem to me. However, I see no way to adjust this. There is a big black plastic thing down on the cable bracket holding the cable. There is a 'star' wheel I've been turning with my fingers, and a spring loaded thing that also seems to do nothing.. Is there a way to adjust this? Thanks! Harry

Reply to
harry