1993 JGC Speedometer dead but fuel economy compuation still works

The speedometer on my '93 Jeep Grand Cherokee started getting jittery and now is permanently at zero. However, the trip comuter is still computing fuel economy correctly so vehicle speed is presumably still making it to the trip computer.

Does this suggest what has broken?

Reply to
bcohen

bcohen did pass the time by typing:

Check the passenger side fuse block. #4, #21, and #22

It could be the 100way dash connector (unlikely), or the speed sensor connector on the tranny (more likely), or even the printed circut board/flex board in the dash. Check the fuses first, the rest gets ugly.

Reply to
DougW

Original poster here.

I guess I'm brain damaged. Its actually the tachometer that has decided to flatline and not the speedometer.

Sorry about that.

Reply to
bcohen