radiator leaking on 98 TJ

The dealer wants almost $500 for a new one. Are there aftermarket ones that are better and cheaper?

I'm gonna have the dealer install, but I'm not sure if they will install aftermarket stuff.

Reply to
69strat
69strat did pass the time by typing:

radiatorbarn etc.

There are some real good all aluminum ones out there that are much better than the stock plastic side tanks.

I'd do it myself, radiators arn't difficult, and the dealer might not warranty thier work for non OEM. If they demand OEM get the price from buymopar.com or chryslerpartsdirect.com and get the dealer to price match. (both of those are dealerships but they don't gouge on price)

Reply to
DougW

Wow! Radiatorbarn has one for $130. Is there stuff good quality? Do these fit as well as an OEM part?

thanx Doug

Reply to
69strat

Wow! Radiatorbarn has one for $130. Is there stuff good quality? Do these fit as well as an OEM part? thanx Doug

Jeff

Reply to
69strat
69strat did pass the time by typing:

I have only heard good things on this group. Most folks go with the three core. They are the place I have in my links should the ZJ need a new radiator one of these days.

TinyURL google groups search on radiatorbarn

DougW

Yes they are a direct bolt-in. Go with a 2-row model, they are more efficient at cooling than a 3-row is. 2-row radiators have larger water channels and more space between them for better cooling.

69strat wrote:
Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks everyone! Much better pricing!