1998 Cherokee XJ.. electrical/headlights ?

Hey all,

Another issue popped up. The headlights work fine, both high and low. But unless you push the switch in to turn off the headlights before I turn the Jeep off, the lights won't go out. If I turn the Jeep off (ignition off/engine stops) before I push the switch in the lights will not go out. I have to turn the ignition key to start, then push in the switch and the lights will go out. Anyone run across this? Ideas as to what to start tracing down? No other electrical issues that I am aware of. Haven't had this issue before w/ other Jeeps (1998, 1996). tia for any info or ideas.

Paul

Reply to
Paw

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

hey bill - Thanks, I'll do that, and let you know, thanks, again, Paul

Reply to
Paw

hey bill - Thanks, I'll do that, and let you know, thanks, again, Paul

Reply to
Paw

Reply to
john

sweet - I'll check it out - never had anything so 'fancy' in my jeeps :)) wish I had thought of it.. now i sound like a booob.

let you guys know, thanks again Paul

Reply to
Paw

Those are a pain in the butt!

I have given up telling folks they left their headlights on anymore so for sure there are some sorry folks out there because of those stupid things....

They stay on so you can see to get in the house....

Mike

Paw wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

jeez.... I know.. like I can't stumble into our house sober, let alone soused.... how are the lights going to help me.. ;)

Reply to
Paw

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You guys were right - Thanks! Boy what a n00b I am. But thanks, again, Paul

Reply to
Paw

Reply to
mic canic