1999 Cherokee Immobilzer Problems

Hi I have a 1999 Cherokee where the immobilzer light came on while I was driving. This had no effect until I had stopped the car and tried to start it again. Then the immobilizer wouldn't recognise either key and the motor stopped after a couple of seconds of running. Got the Cherokee towed to the dealer the next day and when they tried it, it suddenly started working again. In an attempt to track down the problem, they said that they had disconnected the immobilizer card to see if the problem lay there. The car ran fine for a month. However, the immobilizer light has now come on again and I am back where I started, i.e. neither key is accepted and the car will not start.

Has anyone experienced this problem or have any suggestion as to where the problem may lie/what a possible solution may be?

Les

Reply to
Les

you need to get a transponder module and reprogam the pin number to the module and the old keys . it is a dealer only type issue since jeep won't release the software to the aftermarket repairs shops

Les wrote:

Reply to
philthy