1999 Grand Cherokee Headlamp Assembly Replacement

I gave up and actually bought two new headlamp assemblies due to the old lenses becoming opaque. Replacement is simple except that the wiring harness to the assembly disappears through an opening below the assembly and goes who knows where. I guess I could disconnect all the connectors at the headlamp assembly and use the old harness, but I'd rather use the new wiring I paid for.

Anyone know what I have to remove to get to the connector for the cable to the headlamps?

-- Jim Chinnis Warrenton, Virginia, USA

Reply to
Jim Chinnis

It is really none of my business but why do you want to replace the wiring in addition to the headlight assembly?

The headlamp assembly itself is held in by one 7 mm fastener on the top and two spring studs in the rear that just pull out.

Reply to
Billy Ray

I only considered replacing it because the Jeep part comes with its wiring harness attached. The old one has had a tough life already.

But I went ahead and just replaced the assemblies sans wiring.