2000 Cherokee Belt Tension

I changed the serpentine belt on my wife's 2000 xj about 6 months ago. This past week she said she went through a few puddles and lost power steering and the "Check Gauges" light came on when the steering was out. I checked the belt tension and it was loose in the longest span. I tightened it and now I notice a slight ping when going up a slight grade. What is the spec for the belt tension? The belt is a lot tighter now but there is still a little play at the longest span. I think I might have tightened it too much though. I think I will pick up a belt tension gauge thingy to check it out.

Thanks GP

Reply to
GP-TJ